Listed below, you will find our current rates and policies. If you do not find the information you need, please contact our office and we will provide it for you.
The water rates as of August 1, 2003 are still in effect:
- 1 – 7,000 Gallons $0.35 per 100 gallons
- 7,001 & Up $0.45 per 100 Gallons
Minimum Charge for a standard 5/8" connection is $27.14. If you are using water and receive a bill for $27.14, please contact the office right away.
BILLING & PAYMENTS
Bills are posted by the 18th and emailed/mailed by the 20th. If you do not receive your bill by the 4th, please contact the office. Failure to receive a bill does not waive due date and penalties.
Payments are due the 1st of the month. A grace period until the 15th is given. Payments can be made:
- Online – BentonCityWater.com
- Mail, In-person or Drop Box – 980 FM 3175, Lyle TX 78052
- Phone – 830-709-3254, Mon-Fri from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Automatic Drafts (checking/savings or credit/debit) – Sign up online or in-person. Payments are drafted monthly on the 5th, or next business day. If you are on automatic payments, review your monthly statement to ensure your payment processed - you are responsible for your payment being recieved prior to late/past due fee deadlines.
A $15 late fee is added to accounts with a past due balance as of 8:00 am on the 16th of the month. Payment can be made by methods above. If the 16th is on a Saturday, Sunday or Holiday, the late fee will be applied as of 8:00 am on the next business day.
PAST DUE FEE
A $30.00 past due fee is added to accounts with a past due balance as of 4:30 on the last business day of the month. If payment is not received, the account will be put on the Shut Off list and the service locked until the account is brought current.
Last Business Day - 2023
January 31, 2023 May 31, 2023 September 29, 2023
February 28, 2023 June 30, 2023 October 31, 2023
March 31, 2023 July 31, 2023 November 30, 2023
April 28, 2023 August 31, 2023 December 29, 2023
DISCONNECTIONS/SHUT OFF LIST
We encourage you to subscribe to our alert system. Alerts are sent prior to the last business day as a reminder.
Accounts on the Shut Off list will be locked at the meter. If the past due amount is paid prior to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday, it will be unlocked the same day. Technicians do not have access to account information and cannot take or verify an after-hours payment. Those meters will remain locked until the following business day. A $250.00 Tamper Fee will be charged if you remove a lock, shut off device or tamper with the meter in any way to divert or to bypass service.
FIELD PERSONNEL ARE NOT ALLOWED TO ACCEPT ANY PAYMENTS.
RETURNED ITEM FEE
There is a $30.00 fee for returned payments.
- If a check/draft is returned 2 times, payments must be made by cash, money order or credit/debit card for 1 year.
- If an automatic credit/debit card payment is returned 2 consecutive months, it will be removed without additional notice.
- If you are on automatic payments, review your monthly statement to ensure your payment processed.
Service Trip Fee - If a service trip is requested and the issue is on the member's side, a Service Trip Fee of $50.00 will be charged. This will also be charged if a member requests a 2nd data log
Lock Meter Fee - A member can request their service be locked by BCWSC. A fee of $30.00 will be charged to lock the meter. If the member requests it be unlocked, an additional $30.00 fee will be charged.
Mutliple Connection Inspection Fee - A fee of $75.00 per visit will be charged for any location that has multiple connections (servicing more than one residence/business from a single meter). One visit will be required to confirm the multiple connections and a second visit to verify the service has been corrected.
Customer Service Inspection Fee - A fee of $75.00 will be charge to a member for BCWSC to complete a customer service inspection prior to permanent continuous service being provided for new construction.
Other fees - All services outside the normal scope of utility operations that the Corporation may be compelled to provide at the request of a Member shall be charged to the recipient based on the cost of providing such service.
Please refer to our Standard/Residential Services page for service rates.
Benton City Water Supply Corporation is an EQUAL Opportunity Provider and Employer. All information on this website is subject to change without notice.